Do you need more than 200 sqft of space? Perhaps you would like the option of having a bathroom in you new backyard studio. Whether it be for a pool house, guest quarters, or just a larger studio space, the Kanga Studio Luxe is a smart alternative to site built contracting. Ranging from 192 to 500 plus sqft. and offering a bathroom option for every model, the Luxe Studio offers the signature Kanga style in packages that are beautifully finished and ready to go through the local permitting process.
Plans & Pricing
For residents within the state of Texas, you have the option for Kanga Room Systems to Install your Kanga Room.
Studios are available as shell kits, installed shells (Texas only) and turnkey (Texas only) buildings. Shell kits consist of the exterior material building and the Kanga cabin or dwelling will look complete from the exterior upon local install completion with only the pine tongue & groove ceiling cover, exposed studs and optional bathroom wall framing on the inside. Installed shells are essentially the shell kit installed by Kanga Room Systems in Texas. Turnkey buildings are move-in ready studios that are completely finished on the inside and out with electrical, optional plumbing for a bathroom, and fixtures.
All Turnkey Buildings Come with
- Pier & Beam Foundation
- 60" Entry Steps
- Exterior Wall Framing per Plan
- Exterior Doors per Plan
- Steel Transom Window Frame with Single Pane Glass
- Windows are a la carte (except for triple windows where specified)
- Fiber Cement Lap Siding
- R-Panel 30 Year Galvalume Roof
- Pine T&G Ceiling Cover with R19 Insulation
- 30 or 40 gallon electric hot water heater
- Birch Plywood Wall Cover with R13 wall insulation
- Pre-finished or Painted
- Carbonized Bamboo Flooring
- Installation/Delivery within Kanga service area (state of Texas)
- Other delivery or service charges may apply outside of this area
Additional Install Options (Texas Only)
- Open Joint Siding
- 7' Side Deck
- 7' Side Porch Cover
- 7' Front Deck
- 44" Extended Overhand on Front Wall
- 10' Breezeway Deck and Cover to Connect Multiple Kangas
- Cedar Accent Siding
- Pine T&G wall cover
- Clear-coated, Whitewashed, or Painted
- R13 Floor Insulation
- R30 Ceiling Insulation
- Double Pane Glass for Transom Windows
- Other Hardwood Options
- Wall Unit with Heat & Cool
- Mini Split AC/Heating System
- Additional Electrical and Light Fixtures
- Bathroom: (Vanity, Faucet, Mirror, Bath Hardware, Toilet, Fiberglass Corner Shower or Tub/Shower Combo)
- Electrical & Plumbing Hookups
Studio Luxe kits are available for DIY-ers in Texas and most other states (some limitations apply). Most of our kit customers have chosen to have local contractors assemble their Studios.
All kits include pre-framed walls, panelized roof material (rafters, decking, galvalume metal roof cover, flashing, and insulation), our standard pine T&G ceiling cover, lap siding, house wrap, optional bathroom wall framing, and windows and doors to your specs. Everything in the kit is pre-cut and panelized, except the siding, and ready for a speedy onsite install.
Due to the stick-built nature of our prefabbed product, all electrical wiring, plumbing, and painting must be completed onsite by you or your contractor. We are able to send the majority of the material for the buildings (i.e. skid/pier & beam foundation platform, decking, wall cover, flooring, light fixtures, bathroom vanities, HVAC wall unit, etc...), but it is usually more cost effective for you to buy those materials locally. Please note that we do not typically send foundation or deck material with the kits. That is definitely a number one item that is time & cost efficient for you to complete while your kit is being prepared for shipping.