Kanga Cabins are designed to be placed in the country or in areas where there will be no required inspections by a local building authority. If site access allows, the cabin can be trucked in nearly fully assembled, required very little on-site time. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical, although Kanga will be developing plans specifically for cabins that do not have some of the restrictive, space-wasting reqirements sometimes demanded by city code.
Kanga Dwellings are designed for locations that will require a full on site building inspection of the structure. These are generally located inside a City Limits although there are some areas in City Limits and Towns where a full on site inspection may not be required. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical.
Sizes 14x16, 14x20, 16x20, 16x26, 16x28, 16x32, 16x40, 16x40x 15x56 also available.
You can choose to have Kanga Room Systems install your Kanga Room if you're in Texas.
If you're outside of Texas, you will have your Kanga Room shipped as one of our Kits.
A Cabin or Dwelling's most basic form is a shell. A shell is a fully dried in building. When installed, it is completely finished on the exterior. The interior is left with stud walls and plywood or OSB floor decking. Pine T&G ceiling cover with R19 roof insulation is included in the shell price.
- Fiber Cement Lap Siding
- Windows and Doors as shown in elevations
- Lighting and electrical as shown on plan
- Bamboo Hardwood Flooring
- Upper and Lower Kitchen Cabinets w/ pulls
- Maple Countertop
- 30 or 40 gallon electric hot water heater
- Bathroom: (Vanity, Faucet, Mirror, Bath Hardware, Toilet, Fiberglass Corner Shower or Tub Shower Combo)
- Solid Core interior doors
- Interior Walls as shown on plan
- Wall Paneling R13 wall insulation
- Pine T &G Ceiling Cover w/ R19 ceiling insulation
- Installation/Delivery within Kanga service area (within 100 mi. of Austin or Waco, TX)
- Other delivery or service charges may apply outside of this area