Modern Cabins & Dwellings
What's the Difference?
Kanga Cabins are designed to be placed in the country or in areas where there will be no required inspections by a local building authority. If site access allows, the cabin can be trucked in nearly fully assembled, required very little on-site time. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical, although Kanga will be developing plans specifically for cabins that do not have some of the restrictive, space-wasting reqirements sometimes demanded by city code.
Kanga Dwellings are designed for locations that will require a full on site building inspection of the structure. These are generally located inside a City Limits although there are some areas in City Limits and Towns where a full on site inspection may not be required. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical.
Plans & Pricing
About Cabin & Dwelling Pricing: Pricing for cabins and dwellings and are different. Next to each plan you will see an average cabin cost and a range for the dwelling cost. The cost of a dwelling is higher due to many factors involved with building in a city and going through an inspection process with significantly more on-site build time. Costs of cabins and dwellings can also vary simply by the options that are choosen, i.e. flooring type, number of windows, decks, porches, etc.
A Cabin or Dwelling's most basic form is a shell. A shell is a fully dried in building. When installed, it is completely finished on the exterior. The interior is left with stud walls and plywood or OSB floor decking. Pine T&G ceiling cover with R19 roof insulation is included in the shell price.
- Fiber Cement Lap Siding
- Windows and Doors as shown in elevations
- Lighting and electrical as shown on plan
- Bamboo Hardwood Flooring
- Upper and Lower Kitchen Cabinets w/ pulls
- Maple Countertop
- 30 or 40 gallon electric hot water heater
- Bathroom: (Vanity, Faucet, Mirror, Bath Hardware, Toilet, Fiberglass Corner Shower or Tub Shower Combo)
- Solid Core interior doors
- Interior Walls as shown on plan
- Wall Paneling R13 wall insulation
- Pine T &G Ceiling Cover w/ R19 ceiling insulation
- Installation/Delivery within Kanga service area (state of Texas)
- Other delivery or service charges may apply outside of this are
- Open Joint Siding
- 6’ Side Deck
- 6' Side Porch Cover
- Cedar Accent Siding
- Birch Paneling w Trim (painted or clearcoated)
- R13 Floor Insulation
- R30 Ceiling Insulation
- Bamboo Flooring
- Wall Unit w Heat
- Mini Split AC/Heating System
- Light Package (includes 2 exterior lights & one interior light or fan)
- Wiring Package (includes wiring for lights, outlets per plan, and outlet for AC)
- Additional Windows