Kanga Cabins are designed to be placed in the country or in areas where there will be no required inspections by a local building authority. If site access allows, the cabin can be trucked in nearly fully assembled, required very little on-site time. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical, although Kanga will be developing plans specifically for cabins that do not have some of the restrictive, space-wasting reqirements sometimes demanded by city code.
Kanga Dwellings are designed for locations that will require a full on site building inspection of the structure. These are generally located inside a City Limits although there are some areas in City Limits and Towns where a full on site inspection may not be required. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical.
Sizes 14x16, 14x20, 16x20, 16x26, 16x28, 16x32, 16x40, 16x40x 15x56 also available.
You can choose to have Kanga Room Systems install your Kanga Room if you're in Texas.
If you're outside of Texas, you will have your Kanga Room shipped as one of our Kits.
All Kwik Rooms are shells. A shell is a fully dried in building. When installed, it is completely finished on the exterior. The interior is left with stud walls and plywood or OSB floor decking. Pine T&G ceiling cover with R19 roof insulation is included in the shell price.
- Stone and Skid Foundation
- 2x4 Construction on 16" centers
- 2x6 Rafters w/ 7/16" OSB Roof Decking
- 2x6 Floor System with OSB or plywood decking
- R19 Roof Insulation
- Pine T&G Ceiling Cover w/ Clear Coat
- 8" Hardie Lap Siding (painted color of choice)
- 36" Steel Door w/ full lite glass (Front entry models get 60" French Doors)
- Side Entry models only include the triple windows with cedar accent
- Steel Transom Window Frame w/ Insulated Glass
- 8" Galvalume Flashing
- R-Panel Metal Roof
- Skirting (up to 2')
- 3' Wide Stairs to Door (5' wide for French Doors
- Installation (only within state of Texas)
- Does not include any fees associated with permits