Cottage Cabins & Dwellings
What's the Difference?
Kanga Cabins are designed to be placed in the country or in areas where there will be no required inspections by a local building authority. If site access allows, the cabin can be trucked in nearly fully assembled, required very little on-site time. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical, although Kanga will be developing plans specifically for cabins that do not have some of the restrictive, space-wasting reqirements sometimes demanded by city code.
Kanga Dwellings are designed for locations that will require a full on site building inspection of the structure. These are generally located inside a City Limits although there are some areas in City Limits and Towns where a full on site inspection may not be required. Currently the floorplans for dwellings and cabins are identical.
Plans & Pricing
About Cabin & Dwelling Pricing: Pricing for cabins and dwellings and are different. Next to each plan you will see an average cabin cost and a range for the dwelling cost. The cost of a dwelling is higher due to many factors involved with building in a city and going through an inspection process with significantly more on-site build time. Costs of cabins and dwellings can also vary simply by the options that are choosen, i.e. flooring type, number of windows, decks, porches, etc.
For residents within the state of Texas, you have the option for Kanga Room Systems to Install your Kanga Room.
A Cabin or Dwelling's most basic form is a shell. A shell is a fully dried in building. When installed, it is completely finished on the exterior. The interior is left with stud walls and plywood or OSB floor decking. Pine T&G ceiling cover with R19 roof insulation is included in the shell price.
- Stone and Skid Foundation
- 2x4 Construction on 16" centers
- 2x6 Rafters w/ 7/16" OSB Roof Decking
- 2x6 Floor System with OSB or plywood decking
- R19 Roof Insulation
- Pine T&G Ceiling Cover w/ Clear Coat
- 8" Hardie Lap Siding (painted color of choice)
- 36" Steel Door Cottage style w/ 4-lite glass
- Two 24" x 48" windows on front
- One Gable window on front
- 8" Galvalume Flashing
- R-Panel Metal Roof
- Skirting (up to 2')
- 3' Wide Stairs to Door (5' wide for French Doors)
- Installation (only within state of Texas)
- Does not include any fees associated with permits
- Board and Batten Siding
- 6’ Front Deck and Porch cover
- 6' Side Deck and Porch Cover
- Pine Tongue & Groove Beadboard Wall Covering
- R13 Floor Insulation
- R30 Ceiling Insulation
- Bamboo Flooring
- Wall Unit w Heat
- Mini Split AC/Heating System
- Cottage Style Lighting
- Wiring Package (includes wiring for lights, outlets per plan, and outlet for AC)
- Additional windows